Social Media use is on the rise
Posted on: 29th November, 2011
Is Social Media relevant to you and your business? We have accessed the latest report from Neilsen to find out the most recent facts and figures.
The report says: "The influence of social media continues to grow and it’s becoming crucial for businesses and retailers to understand how different sectors use and share content".
Some key findings in the report reveal:
- Social networks and blogs continue to dominate Americans’ time online, now accounting for nearly a quarter of total time spent on the Internet
- Social media has grown rapidly – today nearly 4 in 5 active Internet users visit social networks and blogs
- Close to 40 percent of social media users access social media content from their mobile phone
- Internet users over the age of 55 are driving the growth of social network-ing through the Mobile Internet
- Although a larger number of women view online video on social networks and blogs, men are the heaviest online video users overall streaming more videos and watching them longer
- 70 percent of active online adult social networkers shop online, 12 percent more likely than the average adult Internet user
Consumers frequently trust the recommendations of their peers, making social media an ideal platform for influencers to spread their ideas and purchase power. Research by NM Incite shows that 60 percent of social media users create reviews of products and services.
Social media is becoming increasingly hard to ignore!
Whether for print, online, or a balance of both, we think very carefully about how we'll achieve your finished product, often this means going beyond pure design.
It's elementary – you tell us what you need and we'll come back with the answers. See how we did it for our other clients and what they have to say about us.
Get in Touch
If you value the core elements of creative design and our approach sounds like a good match for your business demands, simply get in touch.